Springtime Field 2, Original Oil by Sheri Farabaugh, 5x7,SOLD.
I went back to the scene of my plein air painting on May 30th (also blogged on May 30th). Why not, it was the first plein air in a long time that I actually liked. The first painting had the advantage of a bright red underpainting. I think a red underpainting helps a lot when you're faced with a lot of green. Could I paint a successful painting without that built in bit of color? I think so. In fact I think I like the second one a little bit better. What do you think?
Pages
Thursday, June 7, 2012
Springtime Field 2, Original Oil by Sheri Farabaugh, 5x7, SOLD
Springtime Field 2, Original Oil by Sheri Farabaugh, 5x7,SOLD.
I went back to the scene of my plein air painting on May 30th (also blogged on May 30th). Why not, it was the first plein air in a long time that I actually liked. The first painting had the advantage of a bright red underpainting. I think a red underpainting helps a lot when you're faced with a lot of green. Could I paint a successful painting without that built in bit of color? I think so. In fact I think I like the second one a little bit better. What do you think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment