Friday, August 12, 2011

"Night Watch" by Kyle Wood

"Night Watch" - 18" x 24" Oil on Canvas

It has been mighty hot & dry all summer long here in Texas, so I have been painting water and coastal places that are cooler than it is in my hometown. I normally, do not paint many seascapes, but they are fun and they have provided a break for the norm. "Night Watch" is an imagery place along the coast that could be anywhere in the world. Inspiration for this painting came from some photos that I took in Galveston, Texas, along the seawall and my collection of lighthouse decor. I might add, that a limited palette of three colors (Yellow Ochre + Alizarin Crimson + Thalo Green) + Titanium White were used to mix the different values. This palette of colors is something that I learned from Dalhart Windberg. Enjoy!

To view more of my work, please visit www.kwoodfineart.com.


Also, I have work available for purchase through The Dutch Art Gallery in Dallas. Here is link to their site: www.dutchartusa.com.





1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...