Saturday, July 6, 2013

Earth • Water • Air, An original, impressionist, oil on canvas painting by Rhoda Sterling


I sat at my easel to paint an impressionist, plein air view of water lilies, and soon found I was in touch with an emerging life force originating in the ground, rising through water and reaching for the sky. Several people walked by and stopped to observe the progress and comment approvingly. This cloudy, still morning at the Botanic Garden brought forth in me an image I am continuing to uncover and understand. . .
Oil on canvas board • 16 x 20 unframed • available
To visit more of Rhoda's paintings please go to her CFAI Gallery, or her website at rsterlingartist.com.
Contact Rhoda through her website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...