Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Sunset Painting, Daily Painting, Small Oil Painting, Sunset over Marsh, "Sky Glow" 8x10x1.5"

Painting sunsets is one of my favorite subjects.  The only thing better is painting sunsets over water!


purchase here 
160 + shipping


This is an 8x10" painted primarily with a brush, with just a little palette knife help at the center of interest.

I tried to keep it a little more realistic than some of my sunsets, which can easily get a little on the gaudy side.  It's so easy to get carried away with those gorgeous colors.  Photographs do the same, showing the colors stronger than life and darkening the forground to a near black.

I recently purchased a video from Richard Robinson, a very accomplished artist, (google him) and he showed me a few new tricks about sunsets.  He starts painting with the sun, working outward.  He has a stunning way with color in all his works, but it is his sunset paintings that realy attract me.

Thanks for viewing today.


www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...