Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_HILL COUNTRY PALETTE


Mid-September, and the bleaching summer sun has left its mark on the hill country landscape.  Dry grass, oak and limestone.  Still, there's a harmony I've always loved.  For me there's an enduring attraction to the olive, ochre, almond, and soft blues that clothe the landscape here most of the year.  Of course, there's beauty and harmony in any landscape under the sun, but over the years the sun-bleached hills have become special to me.  When I first started painting outdoors, I went looking for my idealized version of the Texas hill country.  It can be found, but more often we find the harsh reality of draught and high temperatures.  The bluebonnets and flowing creeks only last two to three weeks. Survival is the theme.  Persistence, toughness.  Everything that lasts pays a price to endure.     

HILL COUNTRY PALETTE
©Jimmy Longacre 2015
11x14 oil on canvas panel

Jimmy Longacre
subjective realist landscape paintings


GALLERY LINKS

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...