Saturday, January 16, 2016

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_AWAY FROM THE MERRY-GO-ROUND.. aaah


This is one of the four paintings that I'm proud to have had juried into the OUTDOOR PAINTERS SOCIETY's annual PLEIN AIR SOUTHWEST SALON. I'll probably be showing the others to you in the coming posts.

Wow, it's been awhile since I've sat here to make an entry on my blog. I apologize, but…it was good.  I, mostly, stepped-off my social media merry-go-round for a bit to take care of some things that were crying for attention. One item was the felt need to purge my inventory of paintings that no longer contribute to my journey (and…heh-heh…because they were ugly). The other was to get some studio momentum going with my goals for this year.  I think I want to say a few things about the experience of purging my work, my new paintings, and my workshops.  

Oh, by the way, I’m doing my first workshop of 2016, next month in Burnet, Texas, and I’m excited about getting to know more folks who love painting. Painting is really fun when you know what you want to express, and you have the way to experiment with it in your own work.

In this workshop we'll be concentrating on how to see like a painter, and a simple, technical approach that will give you the confidence to explore how you want your paintings to look. This will be a three day, indoors workshop (Thu - Fri - Sat), Feb. 11 - 12 - 13 from 9am to 4pm. The location is “Artsy Time Studio”. Space is already filling up and the time is getting close. So, do it! 
Give your painting-fun a big boost this year. Check it out. I hope I see you there.  
I'll have to ease back into this social media thing slowly. It'll git-cha if ya don't watch out!


PASTURE GATE
©Jimmy Longacre 2016
12X16 oil on canvas panel

Jimmy Longacre
subjective realist landscape paintings


GALLERY LINKS


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...