Wednesday, December 21, 2016

New "Morning Glow" oil painting of White Rock Lake by Dallas Artist Niki Gulley

"Morning Glow, White Rock Lake" ©2016 Niki Gulley
oil on canvas • 20" x 16"

On a peaceful spring morning, I set up my easel at White Rock Lake to capture the sun rising behind this beautiful, tangled Cottonwood tree. I liked how the warm light showed off the tree's curves and textured bark, and I chose this vertical composition to show off its size and strength. In the distance, the sun glistens along the water's surface and I hope this scene lifts your spirits for what the day has to bring.

To see more of my contemporary impressionistic landscape paintings, visit nikigulley.com.

E-mail - Niki Gulley

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...