Thursday, February 16, 2017

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_ICE CREAM, CANDY AND COLOR

No restraint  on color is like gorging on ice cream, candy and doughnuts.  I know this, but it's so hard to put the sweets away.  If you've looked at my past work, you know I enjoy pushing the color.  I've made some pretty sweet confections at times.  I'm learning to reign it in, and liking how it tastes.  This piece is by no means somber, but I really had to tone it down from where I began.  I fell in love with that riot of fall color on the river bank, and just went overboard on the doughnuts. Anyway, what I'm learning is, with just a bit of pure color in place, it's the grays that make it appetizing.

 INDIAN SUMMER
©Jimmy Longacre 2017
14X18 oil on canvas panel

Jimmy Longacre
subjective realist landscape paintings

GALLERY LINKS

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...