Monday, January 13, 2014

"South Lake Tahoe" Landscape Painting by Brooke Crosthwaite


South Lake Tahoe
Oil on Canvas panel
6"x6"
$80.00

For this painting I used a photo that I took while in South Lake Tahoe in 2012. Since most of the composition is in the shade of the setting sun, I consider it a nocturne painting. I chose this small canvas size because I feel that it is much more intimate than a larger canvas. I have very fond memories of South Lake Tahoe. It's where my family and I have spent every summer for the last 25 years. After seeing the landscape covered in snow for the first time, I knew it would make a great painting. 

This piece is for sale at brookecrosthwaite.com
BrookeCrosthwaite@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...